I am truly grateful for this award given to me by whatifweallcared and to the Lord. Please take a few minutes to look over her blog, she has some great stuff over there as well. On to my answers, here we go!
1) What is your first memory of writing?
Well, my very first memory of writing is probably not the best but I will share it and yes, you can laugh, at my expense even! I was just nearly 3 years old and my mother came into the room and I was writing on the walls. Suffice it to say, she was not happy! My next most memorable memory is when I got a perfect score on a creative writing assessment test in the 5th grade. I’ve always enjoyed writing, for me it’s like orchestrating a beautiful waltz or classical piece of music; it takes time but when done correctly it is beautiful.
2) What is your favorite writing style?
This is really tough for me, I suppose if I had to only pick one I would go with descriptive. I absolutely love to dig into something, dissect it and reconstruct it in a more poetic term than the dry textbook style of expository but I think a spicy expository is fun too.
3) Do you write in only one color or use many colors?
Well I enjoy writing with many different colors especially in my journals. I find it helps to break apart the days so they are easier to read later.
4) Who has inspired you to write? How?
I’ve always enjoyed writing and I think my mother saw a little bit of a “natural” talent so to speak and she encouraged me to make words dance on a page. I went through a time as a young adult where I realized something was wrong in my life and knew I needed something else and put the pen down for awhile. After I met Jesus, my life changed through salvation first and then by daily reading of the King James Bible; the slumbering strings of authorship began to vibrate down in my soul. All my motivation for writing comes from God now although as I will share more later, my great grandmother (Agnes) and my great great grandmother (Emilie) each wrote the story of their lives for future generations. I’m sure that their bravery has given me a little nudge as well.
5) What is your favorite medium for your writing? When did you realize this?
I most enjoy to write the old fashioned way with a pen and paper although, I have never used an ink well. I’d love to do that one day. I mostly find myself writing on a laptop because it is faster. I loathe dictation because I need to see my dance and arrange the players correctly, I don’t visualize this well therefore dictation is not my friend.
6) What book have you read more than twice? What keeps bringing you back for more?
Starting in fourth grade until the time I was saved at age 19, I often read Judy Blume’s Are You There God? It’s Me Margret. I read this book because I felt I had a lot in common with the young 6th grade girl. My mother went to church and played piano and always took us children, but my father never went. I don’t have a single memory of him inside a church. Once I found the answer through faith in Jesus alone, there was no need to read that book and I swapped it out for the King James Bible. I LOVE this book (the King James) as it speaks to my soul, refines my thoughts, and teaches me daily. Psalm 118:23 This is the Lord‘s doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. This book quenches my soul!
7) Where do you do the most writing? Is there a certain feel to that place?
I do the most writing in my office at home. It’s more of an office nook. There is either a feel of clutter and chaos if I don’t control the ever increasing influx of paper or there is a solace that comes from the Lord. I much prefer the latter and hate it when I do things that lead to the former (and looking at my desk, I’m well on the way there! Ah! I need to fix that asap! lol)
8) If you could have unlimited traffic yet write about anything at all, what would you concentrate on?
If I could have unlimited traffic I would probably continue with the way I write. I do want to produce good content that is helpful for people, women in particular but I also want to share my heart, specifically as the Holy Spirit leads. I don’t want to get caught up in “what do they want to hear” and leave out things that are needful.
Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
James 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
9) What would be the toughest topic for you to write about?
The toughest topic to write about is always Christianity. Any time you open this box there will be, well, shall we leave it there? If you try to live right, not accomplish it mind you, someone will get upset and it may be your best friend or it may be a stranger but, someone will voice some sort of concern.
10) Have you ever thought of walking away and taking a lifelong journey around the globe while you write about your adventures?
Oh yes, I absolutely would love to spend a year or more in travel. If the Lord will choose to provide, I’ll go anywhere He will take me. Well, maybe not the moon. I don’t think I want to break orbit.
Jeremiah 27:5 I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.
I’m going to emphasize I have made the earth…. and have given it unto whom…. and ask him to let me stay on earth until it’s time for heaven. 😉
Alright, there ya have it folks, those are my answers. Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better. Now it’s my turn to nominate. Here we go!
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, link their blog. Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 5-10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
- Describe your morning routine.
- Who was the last person you gave a compliment to?
- What is your favorite way to save money?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- What is your favorite resource for new bloggers?
- If you had an all expense paid vacation, where would you go?
- What is your blogging niche and how did you choose it?
- What do wish to achieve with your blog?
- What quote inspires you?
- If you could travel back in time to a Historical event, what event would you choose?
My Nominations are:
Ok, I think I’ve learned a lot about linking posts and doing the picture. Ya’ll check out some of the new bloggers I’ve listed here. I can’t wait to read everyone’s responses! Here’s to killin’ it in 2018!
Until next time-